I realise that you are not directly responsible for the repeal of the carbon tax by the current government, and I also realise that we the voting public need to man up and shoulder the responsibility for the government and their actions. I even appreciate that if you did wish to retain the carbon tax as a green surcharge, the current government would undoubtedly act to force your hand.
But really, I have to draw the line at your latest correspondence. Simply stamping the latest bill with “SAVINGS FROM REMOVING THE CARBON TAX” scarcely does the benefits of this legislative windfall justice. You have, I fear, entirely undersold the comprehensive social, moral and economic benefits that accrue through the return of this saving to your customers. I submit therefore for your corporate attention some alternatives slogans:
- “Savings from removing the carbon tax…you’ll pay for it later”
- “Savings from removing the carbon tax…buy a bigger air conditioner, you’ll need it”
- “Savings from removing the carbon tax…we also have a unique coal seam investment opportunity”
- “Savings the carbon tax, investing in climate change”
- “Savings from removing the carbon tax, look up the word ‘venal’, smile! That’s you!”
- “Savings from removing the carbon tax, because a bigger flatscreen TV is worth your children’s future”
- “Savings from removing the carbon tax, disinvesting in the future”
So be brave and take advantage of this singular opportunity to fully invest your corporate reputation in the truly wonderful outcomes of this prescient and clear sighted decision by our federal government.